Get To Know..... Peoples Bank
Peoples Bank began in 1999 with the purchase of an existing bank in Lorenzo, Texas, which was originally established in 1968 as Lorenzo State Bank. A temporary banking facility for Peoples Bank, a branch of Lorenzo State Bank, was set up simultaneously at 82nd Street and Homestead Avenue in Lubbock. Soon thereafter, the bank name was changed to Peoples Bank for these two original locations, with 5820 82nd Street as the headquarters location for the bank. Here’s our facilities history:
- 2000—Bank Headquarters Building constructed at 5820 82nd Street.
- 2003—3rd Lubbock banking facility opened at 34th and Memphis Avenue.
- 2005—4th Banking location opened in Castro County in Nazareth Community.
- 2005—Peoples Bank Headquarters Building doubles original size.
- 2007—5th Banking location opens on Hwy 84 in Shallowater.
- 2008—Peoples Bank Shallowater opens permanent building on Hwy 84.
- 2012—Peoples Bank Slaton opens at 1605 W. Division Street.
- 2012—Construction begins on Headquarters location 2nd expansion.
Total assets of a bank are a good reflection of its size, health and growth trends. Peoples Bank is a viable, active part of the financial community of the South Plains. What started with approximately $20 million in total assets in 1999 has grown to approximately $311 million in total assets at the end of 2012.
State-of-the-art products and services combined with a high dedication to quality customer service have made Peoples Bank one of the fastest growing and most popular financial institutions in this region.
Peoples Bank is a true community bank. We focus attention on the needs of local families, businesses, towns, and farmers. We take local deposits and then make loans back into the neighborhoods where our depositors live and work. We help keep the local communities we serve vibrant and growing. Our local loan officers are part of our communities and typically are very involved in local community affairs. Because decisions are made locally, we provide nimble decision-making regarding loans and banking needs in our communities.
We are a locally owned bank and we are also a small business. We understand the needs of small business owners and farmers and consider them our core concern. We offer you the best in full service banking backed by local ownership, a friendly professional staff, advanced technology and a strong sense of community pride.
Peoples Bank Mission Statement
Peoples Bank exists to place the needs of our employees, customers, and shareholders at the center of everything we do.
Peoples Bank strives to be the best company our employees ever work for….the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make.
It is the goal of Peoples Bank to:
- Uphold traditional family values
- Concentrate and focus on our vision
- Treat others as we want to be treated
- Serve others as we want to be served
- And to love others as we want to be loved
- Personal Relationships Vital
- Superior Customer Service
- Friendly Courteous Service
- All Financial Services Offered
- Your Satisfaction is Our Goal
It’s a Team Effort…we believe our delivery of top quality service is a team effort. We understand the actions of one member are critical to the success of others and ultimately the success and stability of our bank. Our staff of officers and employees are well-trained, highly motivated individuals who desire to serve your needs. Every Peoples Bank customer is treated with respect, courtesy and professionalism.
MORTGAGE SERVICESHOME LOAN CENTER
5820 82ND Street, Lubbock
FHA, VA, and Conventional Loans
Interim Financing for home construction
Friendly, Professional, Experienced Staff
Regular office hours M-F 8-5, and by appointment
Mortgage Rate Quotes: Call (806) 794-0044 or (806) 687-7245
STATE-OF-THE-ART BANKING SERVICES
MOBILE BANKING SERVICES
ON LINE BANKING
ON LINE BILL PAY SERVICE
BUSINESS & COMMERCIAL SERVICES
LOANS FOR EVERY NEED