PEOPLES BANK TERMS & CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. THIS SITE IS MAINTAINED BY PEOPLES BANK. BY ACCESSING OR VIEWING THIS SITE AND ANY PAGES HEREOF, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO AGREE TO THESE LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD NOT ACCESS THIS SITE OR ANY PAGES HEREOF.
Copyright & Trademarks
The works of authorship contained in this website, including but not limited to all design, text, sound recordings and images are owned, except as otherwise expressly stated, by Peoples Bank. These works may not be copied, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, licensed, altered, framed, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without the written consent of Peoples Bank. Peoples Bank may also claim trademark and service mark rights to other marks or graphics in this website and constituent pages.
Website Content and Changes
The information provided is not intended to provide specific legal, accounting, financial or tax advice for any person and should not be relied upon in that manner. Product offers, rates, terms and other information provided in this website are subject to change without notice. Eligibility for particular products and services is subject to Peoples Bank's review and acceptance. Peoples Bank may discontinue or make changes to the information, products or services described in this website at any time. Any dated information is published, as of its date only, and Peoples Bank does not undertake any obligation or responsibility to update or amend any such information. Peoples Bank, reserves the right to terminate any or all website offerings without notice. If other web pages, products, and organizations are referenced herein or links are provided to other Internet resources, they are included by Peoples Bank. Peoples Bank makes no warranty of any kind with respect thereto.
Disclaimer of Warranty
Although Peoples Bank attempts to keep the information on this website accurate, complete, and current, we make no warranty that the content is accurate, complete, or current. Use of this website and its contents is at the user's sole risk. Peoples Bank makes no commitment to update the content in this website. It is your responsibility to verify any information before action is taken on it. Content contained in this website may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. From time to time changes are made to the content. Peoples Bank may make changes in the products and/or the services described in the website at any time.
Limitation of Liability
Peoples Bank is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the information contained in or accessed through this website. All such information is provided "as is" to the user without expressed or implied warranties of any kind including the warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property or fitness for any particular purpose. Also, Peoples Bank will not be liable for any delay, difficulty in use, inaccuracy of information, computer viruses, malicious code or other defect in this website, or for the incompatibility between this website and files and the user's browser or other site accessing program. Nor will Peoples Bank be liable for any other problems experienced by the user due to causes beyond the bank's control. No license to the user is implied in these disclaimers.
Information Sent to Peoples Bank
Peoples Bank cannot guarantee security of information transmitted over the Internet. Peoples Bank suggests that you do not communicate confidential and private information to it over the Internet such as account number, social security number, maiden name, etc. Also, because the appropriate person or unit at Peoples Bank may not immediately receive Internet e-mail, you should not use Internet e-mail to communicate matters which need immediate attention or which are required to be in writing.
Any ideas, comments, suggestions or opinions you submit to Peoples Bank by means of this website shall become property of the bank. Peoples Bank shall be entitled to use such information for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication and posting. Peoples Bank is entitled to treat such information as non-confidential and non-proprietary, unless Peoples Bank has previously agreed with you in writing to keep such information confidential or unless required by applicable law.
Notice of ATM/Night Deposit Facility User Precautions
As with all financial transactions, please exercise discretion when using an ATM or night deposit facility.
For your own safety, be careful. The following suggestions may be helpful.
1. Prepare for your transactions at home (for instance, by filling out a deposit slip) to minimize your time at the ATM night deposit facility.
2. Mark each transaction in your account record, but not while at the ATM or night deposit facility. Always save your ATM receipts. Don’t leave them at the ATM or night deposit facility because they may contain important account information.
3. Compare your records with the account statements you receive.
4. Don’t lend your ATM card to anyone.
5. Remember; do not leave your card at the ATM. Do not leave any documents at a night deposit facility.
6. Protect the secrecy of your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Protect your ATM card as though it were cash. Don’t tell anyone your PIN. Don’t give anyone information regarding your ATM card of PIN over the telephone. Don’t write your PIN where it can be discovered. For example, don’t keep a note of your PIN in your wallet or purse.
7. Prevent others from seeing you enter your PIN by using your body to shield their view.
8. If you lose your ATM card or if it is stolen, promptly notify us. You should consult the other disclosures you have received about electronic fund transfers for additional information about what to do if your card is lost or stolen.
9. When you make a transaction, be aware of your surroundings. Look out for suspicious activity near the ATM or night deposit facility, particularly if it is after sunset. At night, be sure that the facility (including the parking area and walkways) is well lighted. Consider having someone accompany you when you use the facility, especially after sunset. If you observe any problem, go to another ATM or night deposit facility.
10. Don’t accept assistance from anyone you don’t know when using an ATM or night deposit facility.
11. If you notice anything suspicious or if any other problem arises after you have begun an ATM transaction, you may want to cancel the transition, pocket your card and leave. You might consider using another ATM or coming back later.
12. Don’t display your cash; pocket it as soon as the ATM transaction is completed and count the cash later when you are in the safety of your own car, home, or other secure surroundings.
13. At a drive-up facility, make sure all the car doors are locked and all of the windows are rolled up. Except the driver’s window. Keep the engine running and remain alert to your surroundings.
14. We want the ATM and night deposit facility to be safe and convenient for you. Therefore, please tell us if you know of any problem with a facility. For instance, let us know if a light is not working or there is any damage to a facility. Please report any suspicious activity or crimes to both the operator of the facility and the local law enforcement officials immediately.